We seek to follow the calling of the Methodist Church to respond to the gospel of God's love in Christ and to live out its discipleship in worship and mission.
Hadfield is a small friendly church, with a warm welcome for everyone.
We have a variety of Sunday Services, which should appeal to all ages, with coffee or a "Bring & Share" meal following some of the services, which encourages fellowship amongst the worshippers. There are events during the week involving adults, children and young people, and also fellowship groups.
Situated as we are on the main shopping street in Hadfield, we are easy to find, and we like to think we are an outward looking church, open to all who wish to join our services and activities.
As a result of the cold snap in late March we suffered a number of burst pipes that have caused water damage in several areas of the church. We are staying open, and ask you to bear with us during the rennovation work which we will complete as soon as we can. The approximate sequence is as follows (dates will be added as we know them):
- Strip-out basement kitchen floor - completed 30 April
- Drying out period, using fans and dehumidifiers - completed 18 May
- Testing and repairing electrics (mainly lights)
- Refitting box-work to water pipes in worship area
- Repainting worship area and vestry where required
- Recarpeting worship area and vestry
- Replastering damaged celing in basement kitchen
- Removal of existing floor and replacement in basement kitchen
- Refitting basement kitchen units
- Repainting kitchen where required